Any WordPress website may benefit from using Popup Builders. Popup Builder is a tool that allows you to construct high-converting, promotional, and enable you to build educational popups. It helps you achieve your marketing objectives by increasing conversion rates quickly.
- 1 Does WordPress Require a Popup Plugin?
- 2 How Do I Use WordPress Popup Plugins?
- 3 How to Select the Best WordPress Popup Plugin?
- 4 17 Best WordPress Popup Plugins Must Have
- 5 1. OptinMonster
- 6 2. TrustPulse
- 7 3. Bloom
- 8 4. Sumo
- 9 5. Thrive Lead
- 10 6. Icegram
- 11 7. Ninja Popups
- 12 8. Elementor Pro
- 13 9. Popup Maker
- 14 10. HubSpot WordPress Plugin
- 15 11. PopUp Domination
- 16 12. MailOptin
- 17 13. Popups
- 18 14. Popup Builder
- 19 15. Getsitecontrol
- 20 16. Layered Popups
- 21 17. ConvertPlus
- 22 Which WordPress Popup Plugin Is the Best?
- 23 CONCLUSION
Does WordPress Require a Popup Plugin?
Do you want to know how to make a custom popup in WordPress? To do so, you’ll need a WordPress popup plugin. Most email marketing providers allow you to construct a basic popup form.
The main disadvantage of utilizing a generic and basic popup form on your website might be unsightly and it fails to capture your visitors’ attention if you genuinely want to increase the size of your email list then you’ll need to design an aesthetically engaging popup forms. But, again that is tailored to your specific visitors. Using a website popup plugin is the simplest and most popular way.
How Do I Use WordPress Popup Plugins?
Install and activate the program to utilize popup plugins in WordPress. Every popup plugin on this list was chosen because it is simple to set up. And it offers a wealth of documentation to help you get started.
How to Select the Best WordPress Popup Plugin?
When looking for the best WordPress popup plugin, we recommend you look for the following availabilities:
1. Provides a variety of popup templates.
2. Which is simple to utilize.
3. There are several campaign kinds.
4. Allows you to customize popup triggers.
5. Connects to your email marketing service.
Popups may help you build your email list like you ever built, when utilized appropriately as an email opt form, a popup might upset your users, resulting in a poor user experience on your site. To avoid this, be extremely picky about the WordPress popup plugin you use.
Let’s look at our top recommendations for the best WordPress popup plugins, which you can easily use to create the best Popup for your website.
17 Best WordPress Popup Plugins Must Have
The typical Popup outperforms the specific conventional landing page. A Sumo study found that the average conversion rate for a website popup is 3.09 percent. As per another Impact research, the average conversion rate for every website landing page is 2.35 percent.
We compiled evaluations of the best products. And we produced this guide to assist you in selecting the best popup plugin for your WordPress site. Here are the top seven alternatives you may use to get started developing right away.
OptinMonster is the most widely used lead-generating software on the market. It makes it simple to convert website visitors into subscribers and customers. It has the most comprehensive set of targeting and personalization tools. And it is a sophisticated WordPress popup builder. It enables you to optimize your conversion potential as if you were a marketing specialist.
OptinMonster has the most advanced targeting and personalization tools on the market. They let you construct a variety of campaigns. It includes popups, full-screen welcome mats, floating bars, scroll boxes, and so on.
Their targeting tools allow you to target visitors based on the page they are viewing. It is also based on their behavior on your site, geolocation, and hundreds of other factors. You can define your own rules for displaying a popup. You can make it more personalized and effective.
The following are some of the most noteworthy features of OptinMonster:
- Well-designed non-intrusive lightbox popups.
- Exit-intent popups appear when a user is about to depart your site.
- Page-level, geo-targeting, on-site retargeting, and more robust targeting options are available.
- Adblock detection is used to send personalized messages to users.
- Mobile-friendly ads that appear excellent on tiny screens are used for device targeting.
- Trigger exit-intent popups, scrolling, inactivity sensors, time-based triggers, and more.
- Dozens of stunning popup templates are ready to use.
- Use the drag and drop popup builder to quickly create popups with your pictures, fonts, and style.
- Several campaign kinds are available, including inline/after post options and others.
- Monster-links popups are those that appear when you click on a link.
- Yes/No popups, two-step popups, and success message customization are all available.
- Integrates with all major email marketing providers and other platforms.
We can safely state that it is the complete WordPress popup builder on the market. It includes everything you’ll need to start growing your email list. And it will increase conversions right away.
The most significant advantage of utilizing OptinMonster is its performance. It is a SaaS application. It uses no resources from your WordPress hosting account.
It loads asynchronously. Thus it does not affect your apparent page load speed. This is critical not simply for user experience. However, it is also necessary for SEO.
Last but not least, because OptinMonster does not keep statistics in WordPress. Your metrics will be the most accurate. And it will function with any hosting environment.
Ease of Use
OptinMonster has a simple drag-and-drop popup builder. You can easily create your popups by adding a backdrop and selecting colors. In addition, you can add pictures, fonts and add your text and sign-up form.
If you don’t want to do that, there are stunning pre-made popup templates to pick from. Each of these templates is completely editable using a simple point-and-click interface.
It is also quite simple to incorporate popups into your website. You do not need to change your WordPress files or add any code to your website. Instead, download and install their WordPress connection plugin. Pricing begins at $9 per month (billed annually).
TrustPulse is a WordPress popup plugin. It leverages social evidence to help you increase website conversions. It displays social-proof alerts on your website to increase user trust. It induces FOMO (fear of missing out) and encourages more people to join up or make a purchase.
TrustPulse lets you gain user trust quickly by presenting social evidence. The following are some of the characteristic features of trustpulse. And it also set us apart from the rest of the top WordPress popup plugins on our list.
- FOMO is triggered — It leverages urgency and social evidence to cause the FOMO effect. Users are encouraged to sign up or make a purchase as a result of this.
- Real-time Tracking — It displays purchases, activities, and sign-ups in real-time.
- Display a social proof popup to the correct users at the right time using smart-targeting.
- Popup modification — Use the default design or create your own with simple customization options.
If you own an eCommerce business, then speed is critical for increasing sales on your website. TrustPulse does not affect website load speed while also improving user experience.
It is SaaS software. It uses no resources from your WordPress hosting account. Instead, the code for displaying popups is loaded asynchronously from the cloud servers.
Ease Of Use
TrustPulse has a straightforward setup method. The default social proof popup works with tiny changes.
It features a simple interface that allows you to design popups. You can set up targeting, monitor statistics. It will enable you to conduct bespoke campaigns on your online store. Its pricing is, the first 500 sessions are free. And after that, pricing begins at $4 per month (billed annually).
Bloom is a popular WordPress popup plugin developed by Elegant Themes. It is one of the most established commercial WordPress theme stores. Bloom is a simple WordPress popup creator for bloggers. It is available as a separate WordPress plugin.
Bloom includes a nice collection of features. Features will fulfill the fundamental needs for an excellent WordPress popup plugin.
- Popup lightbox that appears automatically.
- There are a variety of optin forms available, including the sidebar, slide-in.
- Targeting at the post or page level is the most basic.
- Time delay, scroll, and form submission triggers are the most basic.
- Popup templates that may be easily customized.
- It connects to many email service providers.
- Bloom is a stand-alone WordPress plugin. That means it loads all of your WordPress site’s code. Unfortunately, this implies it consumes server resources and has an impact on page load time.
- It attempts to minimize by optimizing the code and employing WordPress best practices.
- Suppose you have a busy site on a server with limited resources. This will slow down website performance.
- Reporting data and features such as A/B testing may operate incorrectly. It depends on the configuration of your WordPress caching plugin.
Bloom’s drag-and-drop popup creator makes it incredibly simple to use. Bloom makes it simple to create new options the user interface is straightforward. The issue arises when adjusting display settings, the user interface is a little perplexing. There are far too many choices to choose from. The Pricing of Elegant Themes membership starts around $89 per year.
Sumo is a free WordPress popup plugin, it allows you to add popups to your website easily and in s simple way. They also provide a premium version with additional settings.
- It creates a free WordPress popup and opt-in form.
- You can utilize a variety of optin formats.
- It connects to well-known email marketing systems.
- It comes with a variety of styles and templates to choose from.
- Basic A/B testing and form statistics are included.
- The free version has features. For example, it includes Sumo branding in your popups.
Sumo loads code asynchronously, which improves speed. The influence on performance may differ depending on the design of your campaign.
Sumo connects to your WordPress site. You must maintain your account through their website. You can build your ads through the Sumo dashboard.
It has a bit of a learning curve. The campaign builder is not the simplest to use, but you’ll get the hang of it. On the other hand, we found it a little more challenging to use, especially for connectors and targeting.
5. Thrive Lead
Another popular WordPress popup plugin is Thrive Leads. It includes attractive popup templates as well as an easy-to-use popup builder. The following are the features it provides.
- Thrive Leads is a WordPress plugin that will help you gather leads and develop your email list. Here’s a short rundown of its characteristics.
- There are several optin kinds available. It includes lightbox popups, inline forms, 2-step options, slide-in forms, and more.
- Sign-up forms may be customized using a simple drag-and-drop editor.
- A/B testing and analytics for your forms at a basic level.
- Page-level targeting includes categories, tags, post kinds, and other features.
- It is compatible with all standard email services.
- Popups that are mobile-friendly for tiny devices.
Thrive Leads makes an effort to blend performance and features. Unfortunately, as a result, it is slower than some of the other options on our list. In addition, it is a stand-alone WordPress plugin. All of the code stays on your WordPress site and uses your hosting resources. This also implies that functionality like reporting. And A/B testing may not function correctly on certain hosting companies or with popular caching plugins.
Thrive Leads is simple to use and comes with a variety of layouts. It also includes a simple popup builder with drag-and-drop capabilities. And it allows you to personalize your popup form.
Displaying options on your website requires a slight learning curve. For example, when it comes to putting up a popup, many novices will struggle. You’ll find several options for Lead groups, Lead shortcodes, Thrive boxes, and other features. This implies that users will have to investigate them to find out what they do. Its pricing is a single site license that starts from $67 per year.
Icegram is a tool that allows you to generate popups and email options to develop your email list. It is one of the newest alternatives on this list. You can build compelling Call To Action (CTA) buttons in addition to popups. And optin forms to direct users to whatever page you choose (including affiliate links).
No traffic restriction – There is no traffic limit. So you may continue to use it even if your site receives much traffic.
Poor user interface – The user interface is challenging to use and not very intelligent. It lacks a drag-and-drop function Object. As a result, even developing a basic website popup form may be difficult.
Limited targeting – Because there is only basic targeting available, such as time-based targeting. This solution lacks a plethora of choices that might help you increase conversions.
Unappealing built-in templates – It is a free service. The templates do not look fantastic and may turn people away if they believe your site is amateurish. Icegram is a freemium program. That means it is free, but premium add-ons cost between $7 and $27.
7. Ninja Popups
Ninja Popups is a well-liked and easy-to-use popup plugin for WordPress. It allows you to create primary popup forms using a visual drag-and-drop interface.
- Ninja popups are updated regularly to correct any bugs and add new features.
- Forms may be graphically built using a drag-and-drop builder.
- Animation – Use hundreds of effects to improve the look of your popups.
- Analytics – Take use of their built-in A/B testing.
- Mobile-friendly popups look great on phones and tablets.
- Precise targeting – Their targeting criteria are elementary. They lack geo-targeting, UTM targeting, and other complex targeting criteria.
- Limited campaign choices – Ninja Popups is just focused on popups. They do not provide floating bars or other campaign kinds to maximize conversions.
- Ninja Popups do not enable you to design your unique HTML forms. So make sure they interact with your service provider.
- There is no free version – you must pay to utilize this software at all.
The pricing of Ninja Popups starts from $26 for the premium subscription.
8. Elementor Pro
Elementor Pro is a famous drag-and-drop WordPress page builder. It’s a beautiful alternative. Suppose you want a lot of design possibilities and a visual builder. That’s easy to use for beginners for your popups.
- It is a page builder plugin. It might be handy if you already use Elementor as a page builder.
- Pre-built popup templates make it simple to get started.
- Popup customization options for size, location, behavior, and more. All options make it easy to design.
- Connect to email — This feature integrates with email marketing services.
- There is no A/B testing available.
- It’s challenging to track because there are no popup metrics available.
Elementor Pro’s price begins at $49 per year.
9. Popup Maker
Another popular free WordPress popup plugin is Popup Maker. It offers a variety of optin popup kinds and campaigns.
It includes lightbox popups, slide-in popups, sticky popups, notification popups, and more. You’ll also be able to change the appearance and position of your optin popup.
Free – You can use this plugin for free.
Features — Even the free edition has a plethora of tools for your usage.
Triggers – Include click-based triggers in your navigation menu. It also includes buttons, sidebars, pictures, sidebars, and other elements.
Integration with form builders – Easily link your popups with popular contact form plugins like WPForms.
Targeting options – You can set up conditional targeting. And you can decide where your Popup appears.
Exit intent – Because the exit-intent function is not free (or robust). It is only available if you pay for it. You may lose many conversions if you do not have them.
Popup analytics — The free edition of Popup Maker does not include popup analytics to follow your campaigns.
Advanced targeting —You’ll need to buy an add-on to gain access to valuable features. It includes progressive targeting conditions. And the cost might exceed the price of a premium plugin.
The Pricing for Popup Maker ranges from free to premium tools, around $16 per month.
10. HubSpot WordPress Plugin
HubSpot’s WordPress plugin connects your WordPress website to your HubSpot account. So when you make your popups in the HubSpot interface, they will be reflected automatically on your WordPress site.
The popup feature provided by HubSpot is highly user-friendly. You are invited to choose the style of Popup you want (box, banner, or slide-in) before being directed to the customizer. You can modify the text, add an image and necessary form fields. And even design your thank-you message at the end.
Each contact you collect is instantly uploaded to your free HubSpot CRM account. You may also target people by entering the URL of the page(s). It is for those who want a popup to appear and specify.
It should be triggered by a 50% page scroll, exit intent, or time elapsed. In addition, if visitors opt to dismiss your Popup, you may choose when they are exposed to it again. This tool’s features are free. It is a wordpress popup plugin free.
11. PopUp Domination
PopUp Domination is one of the oldest popup tools on the market. However, this hasn’t prevented them from making the necessary improvements to remain competitive in the market.
Its visual interface nevertheless makes customizing one of the 100+ pre-built templates. This plugin allows you to display your Popup to various people. It is based on their time on the page, user inactivity, exit intent, clicks, overall time on the website. More advanced targeting capabilities include geolocation, traffic source, and device.
PopUp Domination’s price structure is unique. Each tier unlocks all features. It comes with an unlimited number of domains and popups, as well as A/B testing, live chat support, and more. You will be charged depending on the total amount of views your popups receive across all of your websites.
PopUp Domination could be a fantastic choice if you want to utilize your popups on many low-traffic websites. However, if you only have a few high-traffic sites. It may not be the ideal solution for you.
MailOptin is a popular WordPress popup plugin. It converts your website visitors into email subscribers by using various types of opt-in forms. For example, you can use popups, notification bars, inline, or embedded forms. In addition, it includes scroll boxes, slide-ins, sidebar forms, and so on.
It is intuitive and straightforward to use. Because it uses the WordPress Customizer that you are already familiar with and love. It has a plethora of professionally designed and mobile-friendly themes.
It contains page-level targeting, exit intent, duration on site. It also includes page views, scroll trigger, AdBlock and referral detection, and so on. In addition, it connects with all major email marketing and CRM suppliers, including HubSpot.
MailOptin is a freemium service. You may test out the plugin for free by downloading the lite version from WordPress.org. After that, you can upgrade to a premium license to access more powerful features and superior customer service.
Popups provide WordPress-specific targeting options. It includes page, referrer, user activity, and logged-in status, device, Timing, scroll depth, exit intent, and particular page components are trigger choices.
Popups are also compatible with a wide range of form plugins. However, such integrations must be enabled via AJAX. This plugin is free to use at first. But you may upgrade to a single-site license for $39.
14. Popup Builder
Popup Builder allows you to input any sort of material. It creates custom animation effects in your popups. It includes functions like automated closure, user retargeting, and time delay triggers. And its connections with email service providers MailChimp and AWeber.
Although this plugin is free, you will need to purchase extensions for extra features. Individual extension fees range between $5 and $15. At the same time, the whole bundle starts at $49 per month. Nevertheless, it is one of the best popup builder WordPress.
Getsitecontrol is a powerful WordPress popup plugin. They make it simple to create leads by using various widgets. You’ll also be able to manage all of your widgets from a single, comprehensive dashboard. It allows you to manage popups across various websites.
It also allows you to control the look, target audience, and integrations of the popups. Google Analytics, HubSpot, AWeber, ConvertKit, and SendGrid are all seamlessly integrated. Getsitecontrol will operate seamlessly with your company’s existing process. It is one of the best popup maker WordPress.
In addition to popups, You will get the following:-
- You will receive template galleries.
- Popups on mobile devices.
- The CSS editor.
- Widgets can be accessed directly via direct links.
- Search for images and GIFs.
- A/B testing.
- Widgets with several pages.
- There are no limitations on the number of people who can utilize the service.
Pricing begins at $7 per month and includes 10,000 widget views per month. Getsitecontrol also consists of a 7-day free trial with no obligation. You don’t need a credit card.
16. Layered Popups
The Layered Popups plugin allows you to build popups that are layered. So, for example, you may stack pictures on top of one another. This allows for some extraordinarily imaginative and intriguing images.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to install website popups. They aren’t dull and stand out from the crowd. We’d also recommend it to anyone who isn’t scared to be a bit creative with their designs.
This plugin includes a visual editor. It allows anybody to build and modify the appearance of these popups easily. Layered Popups also have a variety of display styles.
The following are some of the choices available for triggering a popup:-
- Exit intent.
- Pages that are not in use.
- Only once each session.
- Once every set number of days.
- Every Visit.
- HTML element click
- Delays have been specified.
These allow you to increase your email subscriber without bothering your website users. Layered Popups also works with some of the most popular email marketing systems. The plugin works with 56 different email systems.
The following are a few of the most popular Email Systems:
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
- Active Campaign
So it’s fair to presume that any email software you’re using is on this list. When you add Layered Popups to your WordPress site, you’ll have access to over 150 layouts. You can also run an infinite number of A/B tests for various components of your popups. Its price begins at $21, and this is undoubtedly one of the best WordPress popup plugins you can use.
The ConvertPlus WordPress plugin is intended to increase conversions using popups. They provide a range of functions to assist you in completing your task.
The following are the features of ConvertPlus:
- Of course, there are popups
- Popups that take up the entire screen
- Information about the top bar
- Information on the bottom bar
- Boxes that stick
The template selection in ConvertPlus is one of my favorite features. You may modify one of the 100+ themes by making minor changes to fit your website content. In addition, ConvertPlus includes over 700 typefaces to make your popups stand out.
They also provide custom CSS, animations, and backdrop options. Real-time data for popups and other campaigns will also be available to you. This data will assist you in tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) like views, clicks, and conversions. This plugin works in conjunction with email marketing software.
The well other CRM solutions are:-
- Contact Form 7
- WP Registration Form
Which WordPress Popup Plugin Is the Best?
Based on the criteria we established, OptinMonster is the best WordPress popup plugin. It is the quickest popup builder. It has excellent capabilities for increasing conversion rates. It is also the most user-friendly and robust drag-and-drop editor. It is compatible with all popular CRMs, email marketing platforms. It is the best WordPress form plugins, custom HTML forms, and other applications.
The ability to display your popups at the right time to the right users makes them more effective. In addition, OptinMonster offers robust page-level targeting, customization, and event-based triggers.
When it comes to WordPress popup tools, the possibilities are limitless. First, check out HubSpot’s free form WordPress popup plugins if you’re searching for a quick and easy solution to gather user information and convert leads.
After installing the plugin, your demand capturing tools will be instantly connected to the free HubSpot CRM. It allows you to generate follow-up emails for individuals. For those who have filled out your form, track their activity on your site. And it manages your leads all in one place.