In the earlier days, we have to spend the amount to pay for a website developer or agency to make our website. Likewise, we have to spend months learning about the websites.
Not anymore! Now, we can make a website on our own, and the credit goes to none other than the website builder.
You also need to have a website that takes your business activities one level up when running a business. It helps to increase the sales even the abroad, and indirectly, it will affect on the profit margin of the firm.
Another best reason to choose a famous website builder is your starting steps. For example, you might choose a simple website builder with robust functionality, including the drag-and-drop interface that helps increase the business’s profitability.
So, you know how important it is to have a business website to expand your business activities. Right? Thus, let’s go deep into the topic and find out the best website builders.
But, how can we go out before tying a shoeless? That means, before going forward, we would like to tell you about what you can see on a website builder.
- 1 What to look for when choosing the website builder?
- 2 Easy-to-use
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Design & Features
- 5 Blogging Functions
- 6 Drag-and-Drop capability
- 7 Consider your Need and Priorities
- 8 Consider the Number of Themes
- 9 Look for SEO Features
- 10 Check Resource and Support
- 11 Customer Support
- 12 Data Ownership and Portability
- 13 Best Website Builder
- 14 WordPress
- 15 Pros
- 16 Cons
- 17 Price
- 18 Wix
- 19 Pros
- 20 Cons
- 21 Price
- 22 Web.com
- 23 Pros
- 24 Cons
- 25 Price
- 26 HubSpot Website Builder
- 27 Pros
- 28 Cons
- 29 Price
- 30 Squarespace
- 31 Pros
- 32 Cons
- 33 Price
- 34 uKit
- 35 Pros
- 36 Cons
- 37 Price
- 38 WooCommerce
- 39 Pros
- 40 Cons
- 41 Price
- 42 Gator by HostGator
- 43 Pros
- 44 Cons
- 45 Price
- 46 Zyro by Hostinger
- 47 Pros
- 48 Cons
- 49 Price
- 50 Domain.com
- 51 Pros
- 52 Cons
- 53 Price
- 54 Shopify
- 55 Pros
- 56 Cons
- 57 Price
- 58 Weebly
- 59 Pros
- 60 Cons
- 61 Price
- 62 Duda
- 63 Pros
- 64 Cons
- 65 Price
- 66 BigCommerce
- 67 Pros
- 68 Cons
- 69 Price
- 70 WordPress.com
- 71 Pros
- 72 Cons
- 73 Price
- 74 Dreamhost
- 75 Pros
- 76 Cons
- 77 Price
- 78 GoDaddy
- 79 Pros
- 80 Cons
- 81 Price
- 82 Best website builder – Expert’s pick
- 83 WordPress.org
- 84 BlueHost
- 85 WooCommerce
- 86 Web.Com
- 87 HubSpot
- 88 FAQs
- 89 Are website builders worth it?
- 90 Which website builder software do professional web designers use?
- 91 Can I switch my website builder software later?
- 92 How do other free websites builders make money if I use it for free?
- 93 Do I need to buy web hosting to build a website?
- 94 Conclusion
What to look for when choosing the website builder?
First of all, check the following things – What is the purpose of having a website builder? What do we need in that website builder? We have provided a few things that a typical business and website owner needs in the website builder.
We would suggest you choose the easiest website builder that should be beginner-friendly. And most importantly, you must ensure that it comes with a drag-and-drop editor option that helps anyone with a computer and internet connection make the site.
We all check the price before buying anything, but the pricing factor is another vital element you should not overlook. Besides that, ensure they offer a free domain, SSL, business emails, eCommerce features, Etc. If they are not providing the same features, ask them about the exact price or hidden charges before buying.
Design & Features
Who doesn’t want to design their website on their own? We guess most people now want to add their creativity to the site. Therefore, make sure that it comes up with professional website templates and flexibility to add extra features like Google Analytics, marketing tools, and more.
Blogging functions helps to share your ideas, creativity, and thoughts with a broader audience. Generally, most top brands and businesses make their blogs to give the news and reach the audience worldwide. Therefore, you need to have the blogging function in the website builder.
Drag and drop is the pointing device signal where the users pick up the virtual object by grabbing it and dragging it. It helps you move the object from one place to another virtually. So, it doesn’t look like we are using the website builder without the drag and drop option.
Consider your Need and Priorities
When deciding on a website creator, you should consider your needs and priorities. For example, if you need SEO features and the website builder you choose doesn’t provide this, that becomes no use. So, you must be aware of the features that you expect from the website builder.
Consider the Number of Themes
The theme designs are essential when you are creating a website. Therefore, you should pick up one of the available themes that perfectly complements your business. It becomes the template you customize to turn it into your business website. But, make sure that the theme is suitable for what you want to create.
Look for SEO Features
When you complete building your website, the people must find your website. Right? Therefore, you need the SEO features that help simplify your site’s on-site optimization.
Check Resource and Support
Sometimes, many features take time to learn. So, before you choose, check that the website builder you are selecting has all the resources that will help you learn all the functions and how they work. In addition, it will provide you with a guide about each feature and its uses that will help design your website.
We feel that most people need a user-friendly interface in the website builder. And they are not wrong because if you don’t find a user-friendly interface, you may face the problem of making a website. Similarly, when you face such problems, you need customer support. So, as a result, we recommend having a website builder with 24/7 customer support.
Data Ownership and Portability
First of all, a few beginners don’t care about data ownership and portability. But, with experience, we suggest the following.
It would help if you looked up the terms of services and privacy policies to ensure that you own your data and it’s portable should you need to change.
So, above all, what you need in the affordable website builders. Besides that, we provide the following best options as a website builder. You can choose one of them and create your website with ease.
Best Website Builder
To create the website, you need a bit of knowledge of designing, a few designer tools, and a website builder. Therefore, to give, we have the following best website makers that can help you stand from the crowd. In addition, the SEO features will help you be on the top ranking of the SEO page.
We have WordPress on first due to its popularity and reliability. WordPress powers more than 43% of all websites on the internet. So you can guess what an admirable thing it is! It comes up with versions; firstly, it is WordPress CMS and WordPress.com secondly.
Out of them, WordPress CMS comes up with popularity, powerful features, scalability, and easy to use interface. Also, it is a free and open-source website maker that lets you manage your website compared with any other online website builder. Besides that, you can enjoy full ownership of your website without a third-party integration which means you can enjoy your privacy. It would help if you did not miss the following pros and cons of WordPress website builder.
- WordPress helps you provide complete control on every aspect of your online presence.
- You can build any website like an eCommerce store, membership website, social integrations, and more.
- You will get the built-in themes for your website builder in WordPress.
- You will also get the Drag and Drop WordPress page builders.
- Surprisingly, it comes up with 59,000 free WordPress plugins.
- It has SEO tools.
- Sometimes it becomes difficult for beginners to learn about this website builder.
- You have to make updates from time to time.
- WordPress.org is free for everyone to use.
So, we have ranked it the first because of the above reasons. It is more helpful for business owners, bloggers, web developers, and web designers.
We have Wix on number second, another most popular website builder that powers almost 4.5 million websites worldwide. Wix is a complete hosting service platform that means you don’t have to pay for hosting charges. But, despite that, it is an easy-to-use platform integrated with robust features to form your website quickly. As a result, 1.9% of websites are made by the Wix website builders.
- You will get the hosting Services on this platform.
- You can access the hundreds of stylish templates.
- You can enjoy your free hostings.
- Wix comes up with Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI)
- The free and paid apps are available on Wix.
- You can enjoy the free plan with limited storage and bandwidth.
- It will show the brand ads on your website.
- The process is quite complicated.
The Wix process is divided into two pricing and plans categories: website plans and Business & eCommerce plans. You can choose as per your needs.
Everyone knows the importance of SSL certificates. And by choosing the Wix platform, you can get it for free. Along with that, Wix is also known as the best photography website builder.
If you are running a small business organization, Web.com is one of the best and most famous platforms you can use. It offers easy-to-use website-building tools to you. Besides that, the unstructured editor makes it more defining features that allow you to move any object to any spot. That means you can enjoy freedom.
- You will get the drag-and-drop website builder.
- Tons of functions are included, like ticket sales, forums, restaurant ordering, and more.
- You will get the 800+ themes on Wix.
- Plenty of templates are available for customization.
- You can add widgets and plugins to your website.
- It comes up with small business tools.
- It has a few bandwidth limits.
- It has limited blogging functionalities.
- An Essential Hosting plan starts at $5.95 monthly.
- The Professional Hosting plan is available at $7.95 monthly.
- The Premium Hosting plan is available at $9.95 monthly.
It is fit for those who want to beat management risks and manage everything independently. However, even small business owners can take the help of Web.com.
HubSpot Website Builder
When there are many CMS platforms in the market, it’s not easy to choose the best. But, you will never disappoint with HubSpot Website Builder, a robust content management platform for small business owners and marketers. It helps to integrate the power of their drag and drop builder, marketing automation tools, and CRM. As a result, you can provide a digital experience to your clients. See the following pros and cons.
- It is the leading and robust marketing automation and CRM platform.
- It is an all-in-one website builder that creates your website in minutes.
- Many conversion-optimized website templates are available.
- The adaptive testing helps you choose from the five variations of a page.
- It comes up with powerful features like SEO tools, analytics, live chat, and more.
- It does not support eCommerce.
- The Starter plan is available at $23 monthly.
- The Professional [plan is available at $360 monthly.
- An Enterprise plan is available at $1,200 monthly.
Hubspot is a most beneficial platform that comes up with many features. Small business owners can also take advantage of those features.
When you choose a professional website builder, you get many features. Therefore, if you want a professional website builder with such benefits, you can rely on Squarespace. Mainly, it is famous for its beautiful designs and easy-to-use interface. Fortunately, 1.9% of all websites are made with Squarespace. So, let’s take a look at the following pros and cons.
- Enterprise-grade infrastructure is available for hosting your website.
- It helps to grow your business without worrying about hosting.
- It comes with tons of website designs.
- You can add your content to the website easily.
- You can create your layouts by using the easy drag and drop options.
- It comes up with limited integration options with third-party services.
- The Personal plan starts at $16 monthly.
- The Business plan starts at $26 monthly.
- The Basic commerce plan starts at $35 monthly.
- The Advanced plan starts at $54 monthly.
It offers easy-to-use features and can be chosen if you look for a quick mobile editor website builder.
uKit offers numerous ready-made designs that help to make your website catchy. You will get almost 38 categories and 350 plus designs on this platform. They use a philosophy “creating a website should be easy and fun.” As a result, they do not provide a problematic interface to create your site like complex websites. You can also access it through your mobile customization and comes up with a drag and drop option.
- It offers more than 200 templates and a variety of features.
- Mobile responsive designs are available.
- You will get the blog setup from the beginning.
- It offers basic coding features.
- You have to take the weekly backups on the uKit.
- The Minimal plan is available at $4 monthly.
- The Basic plan is available at $8 monthly.
- The Pro plan is available at $12 monthly.
If you love Russia and are looking for a multilingual website builder, you should go with this.
Suppose you want to start an online store but not get an excellent platform to make your website. In that case, you should look up WooCommerce. It is the best eCommerce website builder fit for your online store workings. It is an open-source eCommerce software built on top of WordPress. There are 8.8% of all websites using WooCommerce for eCommerce site making. So, the following are the pros and cons and pricing you should look at!
- It is suitable for eCommerce sites.
- It provides complete control of your site.
- It comes with all features one needs to run the online store website
- It helps to accept online payments.
- You have to buy many additions.
- No free trial is available.
- You have to go to the official website or contact them to get the exact prices.
You can create your eCommerce website free of cost with WooCommerce website builder.
Gator by HostGator
Gator by HostGator is another best and most popular online website builder. And HostGator is known as the largest web hosting provider globally. It is an all-inclusive website builder and a hosting solution that makes it a perfect website builder for small business owners. Also, you can see the following pros & cons, pricing, and then decide yourself.
- You will get the fully hosted platform.
- It comes with more than 200+ professional website designs.
- The easy and straightforward point & click interface is available.
- You can use the drag & drop option for your photo, text, maps, and more.
- You can choose a design from the stock photo library of the Gator.
- It does not provide any free plan.
- The Express Start plan starts from $3.84 monthly.
- The Express Site plan starts at $5.99 monthly.
- The Express Store plan is available at $9.22 monthly.
If the small business owners do not like the above suggestions, they can choose this platform for their comfort.
Zyro by Hostinger
If you need a robust website builder at an affordable price range, the Zyro by Hostinger is made for you. The easy-to-use drag and drop option is available as a tool with free hosting and discounts on premium plans. These things are enough to make Zyro by Hostinger an excellent choice for the users. The following are the pros & cons and pricing you should know.
- You can create a website without your coding knowledge.
- Easy to use robust designs are available.
- It has a logo maker, AI tools, and responsive templates.
- Every plan has robust features.
- It does not support third-party integrations.
- It is not a blogging platform.
- The Website plan is obtainable at $2.90 monthly.
- The Business plan is available at $4.90 monthly.
- The Online Store is at $8.90 monthly.
- The Advanced Store is available at $15.90 monthly.
Zyro provides a 30-day money-back guarantee along with a free hosting service, and it is an affordable website builder.
Domain.com is one of the most beneficial domain registrations and offers many website solutions that include hosting, website builder, business emails, and more. You can also create a small business website using the drag and drop option available there. You can also create an eCommerce site to sell your products. See the following pros and cons.
- You can choose from their hundreds of professionally designed templates.
- A simple drag and drop option is available.
- Desktop computers. Tablets and mobile responsive website builder.
- You will get the SSL certificate for free.
- Live chat telephone support, and more.
- It is not a free website builder option.
- The Starter plan is available at $41.99 monthly.
- The Business plan is available at $6.99 monthly.
- The eCommerce plan is available at $12.99 monthly.
Domain.com is another best professional website-building platform where you can look up if you don’t like the above platforms.
You should not miss the Shopify eCommerce website builder if you need an eCommerce platform for your comfort. It is wholly suited for the eCommerce website and online stores. According to a survey, the Shopify platform has sold more than 400 billion dollars worth of products. Besides that, Shopify is extremely popular to reduce business ownership barriers and make commerce better for each of you. The following are the pro and cons of Shopify.
- It is a fully hosted eCommerce software.
- It comes with the Shopify payment options with the acceptability of credit cards.
- It comes with inventory management, limitless products, powerful stats, and more.
- You will get easy marketing solutions on Shopify.
- The design flexibility is available to choose from.
- It charges 2% for using another payment option except for Shopify payments.
- The pricing is a bit higher for beginners.
- The Basic plan starts at $29 monthly.
- The Shopify plan starts at $79 monthly.
- The Advanced plan starts at $299 monthly.
Shopify is the hustle-free eCommerce website builder and offers many features.
Weebly is an acquired website builder by Square in 2019. It is an easy website builder with tons of great designs and functionality. It comes up with attractive design options that allow you to edit your website without coding knowledge. In addition, it offers the best features for your business growth, cheap & free plans, and extensive app stores. The following are the pros & cons and pricing.
- Weebly is a fully hosted platform.
- Weebly offers dozens of new website designs.
- You will get built-in eCommerce support.
- You can add features to your website without any issues.
- It will show the Square ads on your website.
- You can use the Personal plan at $6 monthly.
- You can get the Professional plan at $12 monthly.
- The Performance plan is available at $26 monthly.
Besides that, it offers the Basic plan for free of cost. So, you can make a site, eCommerce store, marketing, and more using Weebly.
You need drag and drop options, SEO tools, and more when building a website. Therefore, you can choose Duda that comes with everything you want to have while creating a site. You can also complete your hosting herewith. It is a mobile responsive, full-featured website with eCommerce support. Check out the following pros and cons to know more about it.
- It is a top website editor.
- It offers a powerful traffic analysis.
- You can enjoy more than 100 beautiful templates.
- It comes up with robust eCommerce platforms with supportive digital downloads.
- You can use custom CSS codes and HTML codes.
- It becomes a bit expensive as compared to others.
- It does not provide a third-party widget store.
- The Basic plan starts at $14 monthly.
- The Team plan starts at $22 monthly.
- The Agency plan starts at $44 monthly.
Besides the above price plans, you can create your custom plans according to your suitability. And who doesn’t want to have such benefits?
BigCommerce is an eCommerce website builder like Shopify and others. Furthermore, you can create the BigCommerce online store on the website. It offers the necessary features that help to keep your expenses minimum and enhance the profit margin. Let’s look at the following pros & cons and price plans.
- You will get the full eCommerce hosting solutions.
- It offers native integration with WordPress.
- It comes with flexibility and leverage.
- It combines the famous payment options.
- You will get the built-in features for conversion rate optimization.
- The price is a bit higher.
- It has a Standard plan of $29.95 monthly.
- You will get the Plus plan at $79.25 monthly.
- The Pro plan is available at $299.95 monthly.
You can also enjoy the Enterprise plan, but you have to contact the site to get the exact price.
In simple words, by using BigCommerce, your website will be fast and secure no matter how much traffic you get on the site.
WordPress.com is one of the best blogging platforms and website hosting services by automatic. It is entirely different from WordPress.org, which is mentioned in this list. When you use it, you will know that it is a customized hosting solution that focuses on blogging. Besides bloggers, small business owners can also use this platform to make their websites.
- You will get the website hosting service.
- WordPress takes care of the backups and software.
- You will get many features on each plan.
- You will get built-in customizers.
- You can use the widgets, navigation menus, and more.
- Users can’t install the custom plugins and themes in the basic plan.
- The Personal plan is available at $4.28 monthly.
- The Premium plan is available at $8.16 monthly.
- The Business plan is available at $14.04 monthly.
- The eCommerce plan is available at $25.41 monthly.
Interestingly, it doesn’t have drag and drop functionality, but you can customize the designs to a specific limit.
If you are looking for a new and fresh website creator, you should go with the Dreamhost website builder. It has endless designs and plugins to choose from. However, you don’t need to begin with scratch with starter content packed into a beautiful, responsive, and limited customization design. Get the pros & cons and pricing details below.
- You will get the benefits of WordPress with a better user experience.
- You can use the professional design from their theme galleries.
- Easy drag and drop option is available.
- You can create any website with a custom domain name using Dreamhost.
- You need a self-hosted WordPress.org site to use it properly.
- The Shared Starter plan is available at $2.59 monthly.
- You will get the Shared Unlimited plan at $3.95 monthly.
- The Managed WordPress plan is open at $16.95 monthly.
It is the best choice whether you create something for your blog or portfolio-based businesses; you will never disappoint with it.
It is last but not least. We have the powerful website builder on number 17 called GoDaddy. Everyone knows that it is one of the largest and a powerful domain name registrars and web hosting service providers worldwide. We know that many business tycoons use this GoDaddy to host WordPress websites.
But, despite that, GoDaddy comes up with a robust yet straightforward website builder for the people who don’t want to use WordPress. Therefore, we request that you check the pros & cons and pricing below one last time.
- It is a simple and easy-to-use website builder.
- You can make professional websites.
- It comes with a photo library with professional images.
- You can use it on the small screens too.
- It is not as flexible as other website builders.
- It comes with limited features.
- The Basic plan starts at $6.99 monthly.
- The Standard plan is available at $10.49 monthly.
- The Premium plan is available at $13.99 monthly.
- The eCommerce plan is available at $14.99 monthly.
You can use GoDaddy, a website builder, for a simple interface with a few pages. It also comes with advanced functionality.
Out of these above options, suppose you are still facing difficulties choosing a good website builder for you? Don’t worry. We have our expert’s pick below to help you out.
Best website builder – Expert’s pick
This section of the blog will expose our expert’s best picks. But, before that, please consider that they have analyzed, researched, and seen the pros and cons of each. After that, they have suggested the below five best picks for website building in 2022. So, you can have a look at that.
We have already mentioned above that it is the most famous, easy-to-use, and beneficial website builder. You can find the free WordPress software that lets you download and install on your webserver to make a website. You can easily host your blog or website by using WordPress.org.
Besides that, you can make your creative control and manage your website easily compared to another website builder. But, you have to pay for the hosting service, domain name, other items you want to implement on your site.
Our experts recommend this because WordPress.org is beginner-friendly and suitable for personal websites and businesses. In addition, a few worldwide famous brands are using WordPress on their sites.
A BlueHost website builder is an online website creator with an easy-to-use interface, easy drag and drop interface, Etc. You have to choose the plan as per your website type. You can get the SSL certificate for free of cost along with the website builder plugin. Isn’t it great? Our experts have put it on the second number for the following reasons.
- It is the best hosting provider.
- They offer a discount on web hosting plans.
- You can get the free domain name.
- 24/7 customer support.
Considering the price, WordPress offers the cheaper website builder called BlueHost.
If we talk about WooCommerce, we can’t avoid it because it is one of the most famous eCommerce platforms. Further, we can say that it is a free plugin that lets you turn a WordPress website into an eCommerce site. For example, it helps to add products to a shopping cart and checkout options.
The expert suggested it because it comes in free & premium options and provides control over the whole website. For example, you can start your store building after an installation.
Web.com is the most trusted online website creator suitable for small firms. You can add limitless pages to your site customize the design of every website page on your own. In addition, it comes up with social media buttons, testimonial sliders, contact forms, videos, and other exciting features.
It also comes with a mobile-friendly interface. You can customize the design for any device like desktop, laptop, mobile, and more. Besides that, the eCommerce tools help you add up to 50 products, and it securely accepts online payments. As a result, it is the fourth choice of our experts.
Expert suggests HubSpot at the last position. It is the best platform suited for landing pages and simple business websites. The best part of this HubSpot is that it comes up with the free WordPress plugin that allows you complete integration with WordPress to offer the best benefits.
Besides that, it is the most favorable platform with many features, and business owners who have just started can look at it. You can start your HubSpot journey for free and take the other packages when your business activities grow.
After this, if you don’t like the above suggestions, we suggest a Network Solution DIY website builder. And now, you can jump into the following FAQ section, where we have answered the few collected questions for your comfort.
Are website builders worth it?
Most website owners can rely on website builders to make their business websites. Therefore, it can be helpful for some website owners. For example, if you want to create a simple, functional, and attention-grabbing website, you need a website builder. Similarly, you can go with the best free website builders, but they offer limited features.
Which website builder software do professional web designers use?
Many web designers use different website builders as per their choice and comforts. Therefore, we can’t guess the best website builders software used by professional web designers. They can use a variety of website builders from Wix, Weebly, WordPress.org to Shopify, BigCommerce, and more.
Can I switch my website builder software later?
A few website creators do not come up with the switching programs. However, most website makers change their website builder if they can’t get the satisfaction of use. So, while choosing, keep this in mind. And your new website builder may provide hosing as well, and in those cases, you don’t have to worry about it.
How do other free websites builders make money if I use it for free?
There are many reasons for a website builder to make money if you use it for free. So, let’s take a look at them.
- Freemium – Sometimes, you have to sell the products and then make plans to convert them into paid plans.
- Targeted advertising – You have to understand the customer’s wants and bring out the targeted ads such as Facebook, Google, Instagram, and more.
- Open-Source – You can make a plan to make money by support, customization options, and installation. And much open-source software applies this model.
- Credit card – You make products accessible for customers and use the network effects to pay merchants.
Despite that, we have the following reasons to make money: affiliate marketing, selling directly to Google, making your venture successful, making a brand, Gillette model, and more.
Do I need to buy web hosting to build a website?
When you start to build a website for your business, blog, or another purpose, you need to buy a hosting web service. Web hosting helps store a website’s files and make them accessible for visitors out there.
As a result, we can see many types of hosting services to pick from, and the best option for your website depends on your budget and preference choices.
Website builders are among the best solutions for personal websites and small business startups to take their businesses online. Sometimes, they go with a website developer to create a website. But, it is not that easy to find the best website developer quickly. As a result, people choose website builders that help make their websites easily.
Furthermore, many website builders are on the market, but picking the better one for you is difficult. But, now don’t worry, we have a solution in this article related to that issue. It would help to look at the following topics enclosed in this article.
- In the introductory part, you will understand why we need a website builder.
- After that, you will meet the things you should look for in a website builder. They include many sub-points like easy-to-use, pricing, design & features, and more.
- Soon after this, you will meet many website builders with their pros & cons and prices. That means you will get what you are here for.
- Besides that, if you have issues selecting the best one for you, we have our experts’ choices. They have provided their best suggestions after analyzing all of the above.
- And at last, you will meet the answers to a few frequently asked questions in the FAQ section.
At last, this article is beneficial for those looking for the best website builders. We hope you will find what you are looking for in this article.