Communication is all about how effectively you communicate with your customers and clients and give them a reason to continue business with your firm. Due to this, many firms are taking the help of a business voicemail greeting. It helps the caller step by step through the phone directory and other steps. But before this, the first thing the receiver hears is a greeting message, and if you do not set the professional yet friendly greeting, no one will stay on the line.
Due to this reason, setting a professional voicemail greeting is vital for your business. It should be part of your communication strategy. No doubt, you have a receptionist or other employee to pick up the call. But what if they are absent? An automated business voicemail greeting works like a magic stick in this scenario.
Setting up unique business phone greetings boosts engagement with clients. Not only this, simple inquiries can convert into potential customers. It increases your reputation in the market and makes a first good impression.
So, in this introductory section, you indeed comprehended the importance of setting up an automated business voicemail greeting. To help you out in this, we are sharing the #7 best ways to set up a voicemail greeting. You are never alone in this.
- 1 What is a good voicemail greeting?
- 2 Why is Voicemail Greeting Important for Your Business?
- 3 What to Say in a Voicemail Greeting?
- 4 For example
- 5 The Best Way to Set up a Voicemail Greeting
- 6 Work Voicemail Greetings
- 7 Here are a few examples that you can use:
- 8 Short Voicemail Greetings
- 9 Business Voicemail Greetings
- 10 Funny Voicemail Greetings
- 11 Away/Busy Voicemail Greeting
- 12 Vacation Voicemail Greetings
- 13 Holiday Voicemail Greetings
- 14 Create a Formal Voicemail Greeting that Keeps the Conversation Going
- 15 Test and Improve Your Voicemail Greetings
- 16 Follow up Your Voicemail Messages
- 17 Conclusion
- 18 FAQ
- 19 What is a good business phone greeting?
- 20 How do you end a business voicemail greeting?
- 21 How do I leave a professional voice message?
- 22 Should you have your name in your voicemail?
- 23 How long is a business voicemail?
What is a good voicemail greeting?
A good voicemail should be short, simple, professional, and accurately define the situation. It should tell callers when you will return to them and engage them with an appropriate call to action. Plus, it should represent the essence of your organization. As a result, many organizations choose a voicemail service but remove the default voicemail greeting. Instead, you have to set special greetings on voicemail.
Depending on your business type, you have to decide the type of greeting. It can be a more personal greeting, formal or informal greeting. Above all, the greeting should make a positive impression on the people.
Why is Voicemail Greeting Important for Your Business?
As per the data, more than 88% of people use mobile to search. If they like any company’s services or offers, they make a call immediately. All credit goes to Google local search results. However, what if they call you after your business hours? You might end up losing your potential client to your competitors as no one is there to receive the call.
This is where effective voicemail messages come into existence for making a positive impression on callers. Setting up a professional yet friendly voicemail lets your inquirers know about your business hours and way of working. It fills the communication gap.
However, your voicemail should be correct. Neglecting it can cause several consequences like hanging up calls, reaching out to your competitors, and bad mouth about your business.
So, having a valuable business voicemail greeting is essential for your business and can do wonders. Moreover, it is an effective business communication strategy that you should involve in your company’s marketing tactics.
What to Say in a Voicemail Greeting?
You should know the right way to set up a professional voicemail greeting for business, so check out the below-given points that you must include in the business voicemail.
- Start with a friendly greeting.
- Your name
- Mention your company name
- Tell them the reason for not attaining the call (For example – you are on leave, lunch break, etc.)
- An average time when you can call back
- If you are not in the office, mention an alternative person name to reach out to.
- Any other mode of contact in case you prefer email or text
- Call to action button, like “Leave your message” or “Reach us at email@example.com”
The earlier discussed steps represent the accurate structure of an automated business voicemail greeting. So, you can follow this structure for effective voicemail messages. However, as per situations, you can make the sentences. Check out the sample down.
Thank you for reaching out to [name] at [company]. Currently, I’m not available to receive your phone. Kindly leave your name and number, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your valuable time.
The Best Way to Set up a Voicemail Greeting
As we know, usually, small firms prefer a landline or mobile to make calls. However, it can solve or do the job for a moment but does not allow setting up and operating the business calls on a long-term basis. For this, you have to use the cell phone voicemail greetings.
So, now the question is how to operate business calls? The best solution is business voicemail messages. Therefore, many businesses opt for virtual business phone numbers. It gives them the freedom to manage their business effectively without hampering their privacy. You can also look on cloud voicemail for better service.
You indeed overheard the term VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol). But have you ever imagined what that was? It is a technology used for managing calls through the internet instead of landline or mobile number.
You will encounter countless benefits by using unique business phone greetings comparatively landline and mobile.
However, there are many ways to set up a voicemail greeting, but here we will see the most beneficial ones. So, check out the below-given ways to set up a voicemail greeting.
Work Voicemail Greetings
The remarkable thing about the work voicemail greetings is that you are the only person who can use them for the work phone. It helps to enhance the communication as these greetings directly come from the voicemail. Along with this, you can share event details updates effortlessly through work voicemail greetings.
Here are a few examples that you can use:
1. “Welcome, you’ve reached [your name] at [company name]. Presently, I’m not available to take the call. How can I help you? Till now, I’ve helped companies [companies names] to accomplish [X goals, for example, “increase their revenue twice within 60 days”, “get qualified engineers,”]. So, it would be a great help if you could leave your name and number; I will reach out to you as quickly as possible.
2. “Hey, thank you for calling me.” You’ve called [name] at [company]. For a fast reply, you can reach out to me via email at [insert email address], and I’ll be in touch with you tomorrow. If not urgent, you can drop me a message with your name and number. Have a nice day.”
3. “Hey, thank you for calling at [company name]. This is [your name]. If you are looking for [X person], please [contact so-and-so] or [visit our website, drop me an email]. For any other queries, please mention your name and detailed message. I’ll reach out to you within [one, two] business working day[s].”
4. “Hi, you’ve called [your name and designation]. Presently, I’m on parental leave till [date]. During this period, all calls will be handled by [alternate contact name] at [phone number] and emails to [email address]. Thank you so much for your patience, and I’ll connect with you in [month, date you’ll be back in the office]”.
Short Voicemail Greetings
Short voicemail greetings are a great way to convey the point fast and encourage them to drop a message. In addition, it saves your clients time and indicates how considerably you respect their time.
1. “Hey, I’m [your name]. Either I’m on a different call or not present at my desk. Drop your name, number, and a quick message, and I’ll call you back. Thank you for your time.”
2. “Greetings, this is [your name] at [comapny]. Thank you for reaching out to me. Do not forget to drop your name, number, and reason for calling. I’ll be in touch with you soon.”
3. “Hello, you’ve arrived [your name]. I’m unable to pick up the call at this moment. But, no worries. Leave your name, number, and query or message you have, I’ll reach out to you ASAP.”
4. “Hi, you’ve called [your name]. Thank you for calling. I’m on another call, but you can drop your information, like name, number, and short not, I’ll call you back for sure.”
Business Voicemail Greetings
In some cases, you need to set up voicemail greetings for your business or an entire team. Here, you have to set the professional voicemail message. So, look at the below-given business voicemail greeting examples for dedicated business voicemail.
1. “Hi, you’ve contacted [XYZ company]. At this moment, we are unable to take your calls, but it would be great if you can leave your name, contact information, and purpose of contacting us. We assure you that one of our team members will contact you within 24 hours.”
2. “Thank you for contacting [company]. However, we are unable to pick up your call momentarily. But we would love to chat with you. Help us with your name, number, and reason for calling out to us, and one of our team members will contact you as early as possible”.
3. “Hello, thank you for calling at [company name]. However, we are not available at the desk as our timing is [hour] to [hour] [time zone] [day] to [day]. Also, our weekend’s timings are [hour]. In the meantime, you can visit our website or live chat with us. Do you want us to call you back, no worries! Kindly leave your contact number, name, and email ID. Thank you so much for your valuable time.”
4. “Hi, thank you for calling [company]. If you are looking for service-relevant information, visit our website. If you want to check out our reviews, check Facebook and the testimonial page. Still need assistance? Drop your name, number, and reason for calling, and we will call you back ASAP.”
Funny Voicemail Greetings
Funny voicemail greetings are not always advisable. If your industry follows traditional ethics, you should opt for funny voicemail greetings. Instead, it would be best to use free professional voicemail greetings mentioned in this article. Moreover, for youth or fun-loving audiences, you can use fun-loving/friendly voicemail greetings. Check out our examples of voicemail greetings.
1. “This is Jackson. Michael Jackson. Okay, it’s actually [your last name]. [Your first name] [your last name]. I’ll get back to you as soon as I’m done with entertaining other clients – most probably tomorrow, I’ll reach out to you. Hope you have a great day.”
2. “Hmm. Harry Potter. No, Spiderman. Yes, you indeed belong in Spiderman. *Pause.* Okay, enough jokes. You have reached [your name]. Kindly drop your name, number, and the doubt you have, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
3. “Hi! You’ve reached the voicemail of [your name]. Do not forget to drop your contact information, along with the life-saving question. If you have a question, you’ll surely receive the call.”
Away/Busy Voicemail Greeting
What if someone calls you after office hours, or you are busy, away from the desk, or do not have enough staff to pick up the calls? Then who will answer the call? It might be possible that your potential customer is calling you, and you missed the chance. You can use a professional greeting message to avoid such a situation by setting up an away/busy voicemail greeting.
Check out our professional voicemail greeting examples:
1. “Hello, you’ve called [company name]. At this moment, we are unable to take your call, but you can drop your name and number after the beep. We will call you back earliest.”
2. “Greetings! Presently, no one is available to take your calls. If it’s not urgent, you can mail us at our [company email address]. Otherwise, drop your contact information, along with the reason for calling, and we will call you instantly.”
If you are the only person receiving the call, you can set the personal voicemail. Check out the examples of personal voicemail greetings below:
3. “Thank you for calling at [company name]. You have called at [your name]. However, I’m unable to pick up the call, as I’m away from the desk. Apologies for the inconvenience, but I want to make it right. So, do leave your contact details after the beep, and I’ll call back on a priority basis”.
Vacation Voicemail Greetings
When you are on vacation, your callers should know. How would they know? Set the vacation voicemail greetings by looking at business voicemail greeting examples.
1. “Hello, you’ve called [your name]. Nowadays, I’m on vacation from [date] to [date]. If anything urgent, call [contact person name] at [phone number]. Otherwise, leave your contact information, like name, number, and reason for calling, and I’ll call you back once rejoin the work. Thank you for your patience.”
2. “Hi, you’ve made a call to [your name] at [company name]. I’m on leave from [date] to [date] busy exploring London. No worries! If you have an urgent thing to discuss, reach to [X person name] at [contact number]. He is my coordinator and handles emergency calls on my behalf. Otherwise, leave your contact details, and I’ll get back to you once I’m back to work”.
3. “Hi there, this is [your name]. Thank you for calling at [company name]. Presently, I’m on vacation off and unable to answer your calls. However, till now, contact my coworker [coworker name] at [phone number]. If not urgent, drop your contact details, and I’ll call back you once I return to the work”. Have a great day!
Holiday Voicemail Greetings
Some companies miss this point, tiny firms, and lose potential clients. So, don’t think that no one will call you on holiday as few do. While enjoying your happy holidays, never forget to set the holiday voicemail greetings. How? We have listed the holiday voicemail greeting examples only for you!
1. “Hi, you’ve called at [your name] at [business name]. However, I and the rest of the employees are out of the office as today is a holiday for all of us. But, you can leave your name, number, along with the reason for calling, and we will call back to you on [date]. Have a great holiday.”
2. “Hi, thank you for calling at [firm name] [your name]. We are on leave till [date]. But, we would love to know your reason for calling. Share your contact details with us after the beep, and we will call you back as soon as possible. Wish you a great holiday [holiday name].”
3. “Happy holiday! Thank you for calling at [company name]. We are away from the desk till [date]. But we are here to listen to your sorrows, drop your name, number, and cause for calling. We will call you back immediately on [date]. Thank you for your wisdom.”
4. “Thank you for reaching out to [company name]. We are off due to holiday [holiday name] from [date] until [date]. kindly leave your message along with your contact details, and we will call you after returning to work. Happy [holiday name]”.
Create a Formal Voicemail Greeting that Keeps the Conversation Going
We understand that creating formal business voicemail greetings takes a hard time; however, your work has become easier with our free voicemail greetings for business collection.
No need to invest your valuable time, only put your name, company name, and other required details, and your default system greeting is ready.
So, with our business voicemail greeting examples and small business voicemail greeting examples, create a unique formal voicemail greeting and keep the conversation going.
Test and Improve Your Voicemail Greetings
Trial and error exist everywhere, and no doubt here, you also do the same. You have to keep records of all the calls by tracking the calls and viewing details. Also, employers prefer professional voicemail recording to know customers’ wants.
To view call details, you can use dedicated business voicemail. This way, you can check the caller’s response to the voicemail greeting. If the callers are leaving messages, that means your voicemail greeting is functioning efficiently.
If the voicemail greeting is left unheard or half-heard, it needs modification. So, try out other voicemail greetings from the mentioned list and get the perfect one for your business.
Further, we suggest you update voicemail greetings with time to understand what suits your callers. It will help to lessen the communication gap you never thought of.
Follow up Your Voicemail Messages
Cell phone voicemail greetings are a powerful weapon that you can use to strengthen your relationship with your customers and grow your business. But there is no use of default system greeting if you use professional greetings correctly.
What’s your step after getting the voice message? Are you also thinking the same? You are misusing the default greeting. The immediate action one needs to take is a follow-up. You and your staff should regularly follow up with the caller and know his needs.
So, next time you get any voicemail message, act quickly and convert the prospect into a regular customer.
So, after reading this article, you indeed understood how crucial to set up a business voicemail greeting. Also, we have shared business voicemail greeting scripts with you to save your time. Not only this, we have shared many examples of voicemail greetings.
Use our templates as per your need and intensify your relationship with your customers. Let them know how much you value their time. Hopefully, this article will prove an asset to your business.
What is a good business phone greeting?
There are many templates available on the internet for a good business greeting. But the most accurate and professional one you can use is
“Hi, you’ve called to [your name] at [company name]. Presently, I’m not available at the desk to take your call. So, kindly leave your contact details, including your name, number, and reason for calling. And I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Have a great day ahead”.
It looks professional as well as a friendly voicemail greeting.
How do you end a business voicemail greeting?
In business voicemail greetings, we have to use a less friendly tone. It’s more like a business proposal. So, in the end, you can put something like this –
- Thank you for calling at [company name]
- Have a great day ahead
- We hope we’ve resolved your issue
You can use the above friendly voicemail examples and end your business voicemail greeting professionally.
How do I leave a professional voice message?
Follow the given tips and leave a professional, attention-grabbing voice message.
- Think before calling
- Mention your name and purpose for calling
- Pronounce properly and slowly
- Speak loudly but not too loud
- Let them know your availability
- Make it short and simpler
- End the call with professional sayings like, can’t wait to talk with you, looking forward to your call, have a nice day, Etc.
Should you have your name in your voicemail?
The voicemail greeting introduces you and your company while absent or unavailable. Missing the name from the voicemail will add no value, and the caller may disconnect the call in the mid as he does not know to whom he is talking. So, always include your name and company name in the voicemail to make it conversational.
How long is a business voicemail?
The ideal time should be between 20 to 30 seconds. The primary reason is that the caller does not want to spend his valuable time with an automated machine. It is a machine that acts on your behalf while you are busy or away from the desk. So, make it shorter and more straightforward, and it shows you value your caller time.